Monday, January 14, 2013

La Sagrada Familia

Blogging, blogging, la di da di da.

On Saturday, the kids in the program and I visited La Sagrada Familia, the super famous basilica designed by Antoni Gaudi in the late 1800s. Construction started in 1882 and they still haven’t finished. I really have nothing more to say regarding it except that I wish I had my big camera here, the pics below don’t do it justice, and were it not 40 degrees with a wind chill of negative a million, I could have stared at just the façade for a good 3 hours.












Unfortunately, my camera died right after that, so I have no pictures of Gaudi’s house, which is also quite lovely, or Park Güell, also designed by Gaudi, or the millions of stairs we had to climb to reach the summit of Park Güell. I am going to have the most attractive legs in the universe when I come home, because stairs. are. everywhere. The metro. The university. My third floor walkup. Thighs of steel. Something to look forward to upon my return. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment